Sailing Anarchy Yacht Club Bylaws
ARTICLE I. Name.
- The name of this organization is SA Yacht Club (herein after called SAYC). It is wholly owned by (Sailing Anarchy, Inc., a California corporation).
ARTICLE II. Location.
- The office for transactions of this organization is Carlsbad, CA.
ARTICLE III. Purpose.
- The purpose of this club is to promote sailing and sailboat racing on a world wide basis.
ARTICLE IV. Membership.
- Flag Members. All applications for membership must be completed in full and accompanied with the designated membership fee. Upon receipt, SAYC will so designate each applicant as a qualified member of SAYC.
- Dues. Initial membership fees will be $15.00, with annual dues of $20.00 US to be assessed in January of each year. Failure to promptly pay these dues will result in dissolution of all privledges and membership in SAYC.
- Termination. A member may be suspended or expelled by the Officers for conduct deemed to be injurious to SAYC.
ARTICLE V. Meetings.
- Meetings. There will be an annual meeting held in the Fall of each year, at the discretion of the Officers.
ARTICLE VI. Officers and Directors.
- Nomination. Until such time as deemed appropriate, Officers and Directors shall be one in the same. They shall annually appoint, at their sole discretion, the next year's slate of Officers and Directors.
- Officer's, as a minimum, will include a Commodore (SAYC President), Vice and Rear Commodore. As additional Officers are deemed necessary, they may be appointed at the discretion of the current Officers.
- Duties. The Commodore shall act as SAYC President with duties as assigned to the other Officers. One Officer must be designated as Treasurer and will be responsible for the fiscal affairs of SAYC.
ARTICLE VII. Burgee.
- The SAYC logo and burgee is a copyrighted flag described as follows: Standard pennant, Blue border with an "Anarchist" red "A" in the center of the burgee. Only bona fide SAYC members may display and use this logo or Burgee.
ARTICLE VIII. Amendments.
- Amendments to these By Laws must be approved by the majority of Officers.
ARTICLE IIX. Dissolution.
- In the event Sailing Anarchy, the parent of SAYC, deems it appropriate, it may dissolve SAYC and retain any funds SAYC may own.
Personal Information: The SAILING ANARCHY YACHT CLUB may collect personally identifiable information such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, institution affiliation, credit card number, checking account number and other personal data through various activities of the yacht club. This personal information is collected and used by SAILING ANARCHY YACHT CLUB staff for the purpose of facilitating a relationship or business relationship, except that financial information such as credit card number, checking account number and other financial data of members shall only be used for transactions between that member and SAYC, after each such transaction is authorized by that member. This information is kept secure and is not offered for sale, exchange or for any other reason except for use by SAILING ANARCHY YACHT CLUB officers to identify our members and to generate general demographic data about the club, except that financial information such as credit card number, checking account number and other financial data of members shall only be used for transactiosn between that member and SAYC, after such transaction is authorized by that member.